|Viprin's Drawing Editor! [Curve tool has been added]|
As you might notice, an interesting new feature has been added. You can now draw pictures freely! For example, Lolitavip made @3283533 with this new feature. Of course, drawing is not the only way to use the feature though. Anyways, I made a tool which makes it a bit easier to draw something without editing XML directly, and I want to introduce it here.
Current version: 1.4.6 - 18 June, 2014
(moved to github.io because previous server started to insert ad)
Offline version: http://adamay000.github.io/vde/vde.zip
- Please use Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Before test your map, you need to add a static(=not dynamic) ground. If there's no ground in the map, your art can't be shown.
- 20kb is the limit game can "load". It's about 400 lines by using this tool. However you can add grounds/shaman objects after loading 20kb xml.
Impuredeath made a tutorial video how to use this editor. Many thanks for his time and help.
Transformice MapEditor Tutorial S2E12: How to make art? (Viprin's Drawing Editor)
There are some useful keys/actions below:
Drag(LEFT) Draw new line
SPACE + Drag(LEFT) Move canvas
R, ESC Reset canvas place
D, DELETE Delete an element
C Copy an element
V Paste an element
LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN Move an element to each direction
I + DRAG(LEFT) Move the image
S, M, E Toggle selecter(colored cross)
Right-click the layer name Open layer related options
Here is a tutorial how to make your art movable
18/06/14 - Version 1.4.6
- Fixed the guideline for H="800".
17/04/14 - Version 1.4.5
- Efficiency/Bug-fix update.
- Fixed Undo/Redo is broken after loading XML.
- Capacity is now shown in layer window.
08/04/14 - Version 1.4.
- Added vertical scroll option.
11/02/13 - Version 1.4.3
- Added "Generate XML for cjobjects".
11/02/13 - Version 1.4.2
- Improved compressing function.
09/02/13 - Version 1.4.1
- Fixed "flip layer" doesn't work properly for curve.
09/02/13 - Version 1.4.0
- Added layer related functions. Copy/Merge/Flip/Move are now available.
- Fixed a bug.
08/02/13 - Version 1.3.6
- Fixed some bugs.
02/02/13 - Version 1.3.5
- Added a property that you can show an image in front.
- Fixed keypress problems.
30/01/13 - Version 1.3.4
- You are now able to change Z value of elements from input box.
06/01/13 - Version 1.3.3
- Improved loading function.
06/01/13 - Version 1.3.2
- Added imgZoom.
05/01/13 - Version 1.3.1
- Fixed it can't load an image from local.
05/01/13 - Version 1.3.0
- Added "Background properties".
- Added Undo(Z key) and Redo(Y key).
- Changed layout.
- Changed a lot of small things.
- Fixed keypress problem.
27/12/12 Version 1.2.6
- Fixed a bug.
22/12/12 Version 1.2.5
- Added copy(C key) and paste (V key).
- Added scroll option.
21/12/12 Version 1.2.4
- Fixed layer related problem.
20/12/12 Version 1.2.3
- Fixed curve related problems.
- Changed the limit of fineness to 30 from 120.
- Added "Generate min XML". You can't load the xml in this editor when you choose this.
19/12/12 Version 1.2.2
- Fixed "SPACE + DRAG".
19/12/12 Version 1.2.1
- Capacity is shown at the left top when it generates XML.
19/12/12 Version 1.2.0
- Added "Curve tool".
- Fixed "some window cannot be placed on other window".
18/12/12 Version 1.1.1
- Fixed an error.
18/12/12 Version 1.1.0
- Added "Zoom".
17/12/12 Version 1.0.1
- Fixed color selecting problem.
17/12/12 Version 1.0.0
- Added "Selected Element". You can edit the line now!
- Added "Layer" function.
- Fixed "Generate XML".
- Changed some stuffs.
- Fixed "can't load alpha" problem.
- Added line tool, loading function.
Last edit on 1446003960000
There was not a plan to add it, but I'm thinking over since many people ask me about it. I may add it in future. I'm not sure when it is, because I have other stuffs i want to add ahead. Curve tool, Zoom, etc ...
Nice! I feel so happy to see the map which uses this tool :D
The limit is exactly 20kb.
You should warn users when the limit is reached when they add a new line
alert('WARNING: XML is too big! ('+(XML.length/1e3|0)+'/20kb)')
Edited the OP. I will add that warning after I make a function which compresses the xml. Lolitavip and Chuchuue gave me ideas about it :3 Thank you for the information and advice.
I compressed the hell out of @3309321 to fit in 5 more Pokeballs than the limit
If you'd like I can help you with a compressor :^)
Some key things to compress are:
• XML.replace(/" /g,'"')
Saves by far the most space with no real side effects
Removes pointless default H/L properties that the game will automatically set to 10
Removes fixed rotation and dampening properties that aren't used from the P attribute of all grounds
Removes pointless default properties from arrayed attributes that the game will automatically set to 0
I will refer to. Thank you very much for your kindness ^^
There are also other techniques, like c="000555,1,0.65,0" can be replaced to c="555,,.65"
I heard that you don't need to compress ground properties, because you can add grounds after loading 20kb xml. I have never tested if it works by myself though.
I heard myself that when you do that you can't export the map anymore. 20kb is the absolute limit
Deleted the credit from my post :p and thank you. I would like to know about your tool, if it is not secret :3
Aw, that's shame. It was better to test it before posting lol
Edit(19/12/2012): 20kb is a limit for "load", not "export". I confirmed it ;)