|Why the transformice cafe SHOULDN'T be removed.|
Hello everyone. as most of you may know, there is something called the cafe on transformice, and according to this topic here, quite a few people say "the cafe is toxic and should be removed" or something like that. However, the cafe isn't nearly as toxic as it used to be. In fact, if anything, the vanilla chat is more toxic then the cafe. But here are some reasons why the cafe SHOULDN'T be removed.
Edit: Please explain your opinion. Calling it just toxic and moving on isn't explaining why it is toxic.
1. It isn't as toxic as people really think it is: When you first go onto the cafe, people don't act like you think they should really be acting. Pretty much what I am saying is that if you're more used to being on the forums and then you go on the cafe, well, everything just feels different and it feels like these people are really rude, mean and disrespectful. But really, you just have to get used to it. Also, that isn't the only side of the cafe, you know. There are some really great and nice cafers.
2. It is faster then the forums: Honestly the cafe moves way faster then the forums and it's honestly better like that. Sure, people might comment something like "k" or "hi" as some of the first comments, but it's better then the fourms where it takes awhile for someone to see your topic and click it.
3. It's more interesting to use: On the forums, you can go on the off topic part and see tons of just random stuff, but the cafe does a better job at posting just a ton of random stuff.
4. You don't get your topics locked by mods (or on the cafe's case deleted because you made a similar topic to someone)
I made a topic about pokemon and it got locked because someone on the forums already made a pokemon topic. Like am I not allowed to make a topic on the forums with the same topic someone else already made? Last time I checked, i've seen many "+1 your fav cafer" topics or "+1 your fav pfp" topics on the cafe at the same time, but they never got deleted (until people stopped posting on them.) :T
5. The forums could be as toxic as the cafe if it was moderated as much: As stated by Serendipityzz, the forums can be as toxic as the cafe but because the forums are moderated more, it is harder to troll. I already have seen a comment marked as spam and had it removed from my topic.
I bet people are going to be like "but the cafe needs to be moderated more!" yes, that is true, but then the cafe would pretty much become the forums without stuff like the cool stuff on the forums like being able to post links and being able to change the font or color of a post.
Last edit on 1538866620000
Okay, whenever I used the '' symbol or the ' symbol it for some reason made my topic look all odd. It may just be showing up on my screen but at the time of writing, something bugged out my topic on here. :Y
Okay, I edited my topic so it should look normal now. If it doesn't or if I missed anything, please tell me. Thx.
Last edit on 1537733340000
Not gonna lie, some people on the cafe can be a jerk. Though i've never had this happen to me.
No ones removing it and it won't go anywhere probably?
Let's go through some of the points I found fuck-on hilarious. This should be fun
I understand with interesting to use something different rather than to see some random content which most of them are low effort based. Not sure how that is interesting itself...Sorry but forums just beats on this point by miles as it is interesting in a way as there is way so much to discover and go through rather then some 20ish offered topics.
Did you seriously expect a integrated ingame feature to be slowly working versus an actual site itself? lol
On a serious note i rather find forums faster. It is not only more available since you can access this through mobile as well, but also getting there is fast in comparison to the cafe.
Ignore this whole point - the tl;dr in this is that you should grow a thicker skin but there actually exists nice people as well which is a silver lining into this
Yes that is absolutely correct since what's the point of making a dupe thread if you can just contribute to an already existing one
Gee I wish that the first sentence would be true then we wouldn't be getting requests on here to have a report button implemented for it. As it goes for the second sentence it's kind of obvious since vanilla is getting way more used in general which only means a higher risk for things to go sour quickly there
I'm netural aganist this whole thing but many of your mentioned points don't glue well together if you logically look at it.
Last edit on 1538091840000
Well I thanks for stating your opinion.
Last edit on 1538865840000
also, cafe isn't toxic. its just been a targeted place for trolls. forum can be as equally as toxic - but most people know more of the cafe then they do of the forums and trolling the forums is ever so hard due to moderation from the forums and topics. we could have equally active cafe moderators which could clean up the cafe and make it more friendly. as much as it seems strange to say, cafe makes me play the game because i mean its active and you can meet good people on there if you squint. its you're fault if you start to talk to someone toxic - and you shouldn't call the cafe collectively toxic when there are people who are definitely not toxic on there.
99% of the time people like the café because it isn't being moderated. This is by far the most significant difference between the forums and the café, and this is exactly why having the café was and is a bad idea. Pretty much half of the OP is about moderation (point 3 and 4 and everything below that), further proving my point. If accountability doesn't exist, lawlessness will prevail.