|Post all your smaller suggestions here|
Repost of original master post of suggestions ;)
I think the game you have in store for us is a very good idea, IF done the right way. As most of you know, you have many games that are quickly dying out. You have Bouboum, Fortoresse, DeadMaze, and Nekodancer. However, Transformice is thriving. Why? Because it’s original and it’s fun. Looking through this thread, most of the Atelier community is hoping that this game can be successful alongside Transformice. We’re hoping it doesn’t die out with your other games.
The decision to accept feedback from the players early on was a very good one. Here I’ve put together a list of all the suggestions, feedback, and what-to-avoids you’ve received, ordered nicely into spoilers for easy access. Since this thread is very large and all suggestions are also mixed up with positive and negative feedback, as well as translations and various languages, I’ve taken some of my time to create this lovely master-post for you :D. Please note that this is an unofficial post.
Note: I am not taking credit for any of these suggestions (except for my own). All suggestions have been paraphrased by me (I even added onto some), however credit is given to the original creators at the bottom of this post.
- Make this game an original and successful project, not an extension/future reject
- Don’t recycle databases such as ban-lists or double-name preventers (but that one isn’t effective when you pay to change your name for some reason)
- Hire a team that would be active on TFM Adventures. Don’t just automatically hire your current TFM staff.
- Listen to your community! Even if you have your own opinions, the players judge the game, not you. The more originality shown in this new game, the better. Try mixing up the look a bit, don’t just recycle DeadMaze’s.
- Please, oh please don’t forget about TFM! We all love Transformice and no one wants to see it replaced. Try to connect TFM Adventures and TFM like Animal Jam and Animal Jam Play Wild!, or try gaining some ideas from whatever Minecraft’s doing to connect its main game and Minecraft Dungeons.
- You could have characters, or NPCs to add to your team that have special abilities. This could also be interpreted as characters, meaning different mice you could impersonate that would give you specific bonuses. For example: Elise can heal herself when she is below 10 HP, or Zack: can attack +5 times faster than other characters, etc.
- Ideas for boss names: Lord Cheese, Shamatroll, Anvilgod
- It would be cool to have a little profile thingy in the top left. It would have a small head shot/bust of your current mouse, then the mouse’s HP and XP bars, the mouse’s level, and the mouse’s title. Titles, HP, XP, and levels would all be great assets.
- Badges would be great! Maybe add a TFM Adventures twist to them, though.
- Please don’t forget the true spirit of TFM! Incorporating the classic picking up of the cheese and returning to the mouse hole is essential to connecting this game to the original TFM.
- Adding modules/ways for players to add their own creations to the game through coding would be great.
- Minigame ideas: a game where you’d be in a huge room, and maybe you’d have to build a house to shelter in whilst trying to eliminate the other team/mouse’s house, shaman vs mice gamemode would be great.
- Adding the emojis (numbers 1-9 and 0), confetti, and other cute actions would be cool. Even adding new ones/giving the originals a TFM Adventures twist would be better.
- Please don’t rush this game. Take your time with the development; focus on adding new features and thrills to the game. Make sure to look into every little detail and flush out the bugs and glitches.
- Adding actions/gestures/dances you can buy in a store would be cool
- I think maybe creating a town as sort of a lobby and adding different shops, currencies, and items as well as art (like you did with villages/lua events in TFM) would really help this game.
- Don’t copy the music on the home page of TFM or just TFM in general. We’ve seen a lot of recycling—create something new!
- Be sure to add some diversity/reason to play! Don’t build a storyline and end it off on a cliffhanger until the next update, and don’t build up a storyline to the point where its pointless to play the game when you’ve finished (if you want the game to last). Don’t expect everyone to survive on repetitive gameplay, try to add something new and exciting into the development of this game.
- Don’t forget about TFM’s current features! All of us would love to see customizable items and furs added to TFM Adventures.
- Again, maybe the look of the game could be a little less like DeadMaze. I like the look of Transformice, with all the art and stuff.
- Add areas and functions to the game that are unique and serve their own purpose. Don’t just have a bunch of spots where enemies spawn—add some diversity! Maybe spiders only spawn in caves, and maybe owls can’t see you if you’re beneath a tree! (Owls/spiders: ideas for enemies).
- It would be great to incorporate some of TFM’s classic game modes, such as Vanilla, Survivor, Racing, and some of the modules such as Batata and Deathmatch.
- Don’t forget to fix the already-standing problems in Transformice! And, maybe even learn from your mistakes and don’t pass them on to TFM Adventures. Anyway, a new map editor, new features, and an end to collector (like come on, 2k cheese for a cute hat that only stays in the shop for 2 weeks?).
- Cool suggestion for potions: Awareness (can detect enemy movements/when an enemy is near (maybe a little exclamation mark that pops up above your head, red when you’re close, green if you’re safe, yellow if you’re near maybe)), Ghost (enemies won’t detect you for a certain amount of time), Lightweight (move faster for a certain amount of time), Unstoppable (deal more damage for a certain amount of time).
- I think Legend of Zelda’s Breath of the Wild: tools/weapons breaking when you use them consistently is a very good idea.
- Bit too 2D for me; the characters kinda pull off as flat and one-sided. I don’t know if you were hoping for this effect, but it might be better to add some 3D effects.
- Instead of fraises, there could be another currency in TFM Adventures, gems or something? Whatever you think, but I thought maybe, you could get them along with experience, from completing whatever motives there are in the game/killing enemies, and you could trade like 50 for 5 fraises? Then there could be items in TFM Adventures that you can only buy with fraises.
- The sneak peak scene could be cute for a tutorial on how to play the game. I think it would be cool if the enemies would fight back and since mice are mice, they have to find clever ways to defeat the enemies. This could include puzzles and all sorts of creative tactics.
- I don’t know much about the priestess sisters or the other mice, but I think it’d be cool to add a storyline (if you haven’t already). Here’s a rough idea: you are a little mouse, living in a bustling village with other mice. You have your own place (hole, cabin? Think this’d be cool to have a customize-your-home feature). Cutscene: some enemies come (I don’t know what you’re going to call them, so I’ll just say enemies) and steal a bunch of cheese from the mice. This mouse now has to go after the cheese and bring it back.
- Instead of collector items you could have a special mouse that only appears in the village a couple times a month with exclusive items (should be affordable, maybe a couple that cost fraises but not much)
- When you traveled to different places there could be a cute teleportation effect
- I think it’d also be cool if your tribe/friends list transferred to TFM Adventures like it does on other Atelier Games. There could even be little cute hideouts for your tribe.
- Add exclusive TFM Adventures titles
- Enemy ideas: cats, dogs, spiders, snakes, birds (specifically: owls)
- I think a little bit of “choose your story” things would be cool
- I think it’d be cool to add little Easter eggs/hidden areas and maybe a small xp farm :P
- Cute little hidden areas/shops would be sweet
- Would be nice to include shamans and cool little hidden short cuts/hidden areas on maps. Troll maps/different kinds of maps would be great as well.
- Pvp would be fun :D
- Pet suggestions: Cockatiel
- Add particle effects when you die (bubbles?)
- Customizable player card
- Maybe you could purchase different celebration things if you win a minigame or boss fight?
- Would be really cool if on a multiplayer map, when you died and a player looked at the place where you died, there would be quotes there like "Oh, no. I died." or "The monster killed me!" or something like that that you could purchase in a shop.[
- It would be cool if there were two types of quests: side quests and in-game quests. In-game quests should hail greater rewards, while side quests should have smaller, more insignificant rewards. Different types of side quests should have different rewards. For example: you need to rescue a kidnapped mouse. Your reward could be a weapon or gaining the rescued mouse as a friend/someone to buy exclusive items from. On the other paw, a quest that asks you to find a mouse’s missing gemstone may result in your reward being the gemstone itself, or cheese/fraises.
- It would be really, really cool if you got fraises from defeating large bosses/completing hard dungeons!
- Maybe you could use items you’ve collected to design and protect your own dungeon, which other players can try to get into. There can be an option to make it accessible or not, so they’ll only come for you when you’re ready :D
- Add a leaderboard/trading post
- Event Suggestion (see post #32)
I’m really sorry if I irritated your brain cells with the abundance of “cool” and “great” and irked any OCD people out there with whether periods appeared at the end of sentences or not.
As well as feedback, the community also has an opinion on what this game should avoid if it is to become a successful release.
What to avoid:
- First of all, don’t forget about Transformice.
- Don’t ignore the community.
- You might want to pay attention to Deadmaze too…
- Don’t bore the players and create some original content
- Don’t recycle the entire game—as I’ve said (and loads of others) multiple times, create something new and exciting!
- Focus, really take your time. Weed out glitches/errors.
- And DONT LET TFM DIE
- anything that has to do with membership of any kind. I personally love TFM how it is and I like how there’s nothing about membership on there.
- energy bars. Honestly I’ve played a lot of RPG games and I’ll use Harry Potter (mobile app) as an example. The energy bar is a nice original thing, but you only get one energy every 4 minutes, and it is SO ANNOYING. On School of Dragons, there is an energy bar, but it depletes itself on its own, not when you do actions. Nevertheless, it’s very annoying because you have to constantly feed your dragon. I think an experience bar would be better than an energy bar.
- don’t confine the player to one specific task. Allow the mouse to have free movement over what they’re going to do next. This can be achieved by adding side quests, if the mouse is bored so they’re not stuck afk on the game, and little breaks before events. Such as: before a boss battle, the mouse is sorta in like a waiting room kinda, where the door in front of them leads to the boss. This allows them to go to different areas, invite friends, and overall prepare the mouse before the big event.
- Please remember to fix the current problems in TFM while taking your time with TFM Adventures. Don't make TFM Adventures that "copy" or "extension" of the original game, which is doing alright right now.
- Dont make it super hard to get weapons and good tools. Things that can be used to your advantage in combat that can be purchased shouldnt be overly expensive.
If I missed/forgot anyone, whether its in the credits or suggestions/what to avoid, please let me know.
- Myself (for various suggestions and formatting/putting together this post)
Mice Who's Suggestions I Gathered:
With every new suggestion I add it to this master-list. This way, the Devs (and anyone else working on the developement) will have easy-access to suggestions and feedback without having to scroll through all the messages <3
Last edit on 1547867940000
This has been brought up with Meli and she is trying not to incorporate original TFM furs and items
Last edit on 1547478240000
Shamans and bosses like Anvil god, Shamatroll, Lord Cheese etc.
Also dying effects you can buy in store or can be rewarded. Costumizable player card and costumizable player name font.
Shamans vs Mice gamemode would be cool to see.
Last edit on 1547482560000
Don’t be salty. We are all excited for this game and no ones deleting it because only YOU hate TFM for some ridiculous reason.
Being my OCD self: Sentinels could u please capitalize the S in suggestions in the topic title or change it to [Suggestions] Transformice Adventures. Just think it’d look better, that’s all.
Last edit on 1547500260000
Suggestion: Don’t add in the game to much accesories and if you add make them eassier to get and base the game on PvP and PvE and weapons like: Scythe, Sword , claws, shuriken, knife, and other and make a combinatuon so that you have to learn how something is working
And make somethig like I want my mice to be more fast or more smarter and things like that but not power and life so that can be given by armor and etc and for example if you are smarter you can see what kind of sword do more dmg to the monster and etc
It might be somewhat hard to make, but a custom dungeon editor with Lua or XML would be pretty nice and boost a lot the replay factor of the game.
Or maybe, not even just custom dungeons, but even custom module games using the RPG engine! People could do things they can't at the moment with TFM.
After all, one thing that makes people like the original TFM is how you can make custom maps and modules! Even though if it is not a "new TFM" but a brand new game.
Last edit on 1547642820000
Hey! You've been chosen for an important mission! Save our world! The water that the Tree of Life needs to live, has been corrupted!!!! Purify the water and bring the Tree of Life crystals!
All made by me!!!
Translation from Polish: Emmaplpl
I do not know exactly how the game will work, but it may be that we suddenly get to the mine
You have to bring the healing water to the Tree. Then fetch the crystals so the Tree can bloom again (2nd stage).
The crystals and healing water
The badge (finish 2 stages of healing tree)
What's the enigma about?
You go to the NPC ???. She wants you to bring her the power of the wind! You instantly get teleported to the Boss. He tells you to repeat 5 to 10 random actions (duck, kiss, confetti, etc.) If you succeed, you get teleported to ???. To your surprise, she turns into a witch! Will you give her the power of the wind or not? Remember, it only depends on you!
If you give it to her...
...the prize awaits for you!
Boss - turned out friendly (enigma)
Granny - lovely granny who takes care of you. However, she's under pressure to send you on quest (the beginning).
Tree priestess Lilly - all other priestesses ran away, only she remains! Help her save the Tree.
??? / Elpidia (her real name, though she doesn't like to reveal it) - she seems friendly at first, seems she needs the power of wind only for a noble purpose. Later it turns out that she is a despicable witch that wants to take over the elemental powers!
??? / Elipidia - After a transformation
Yellow dots - places where the money appears (depends of the actual stage of healing the tree). "Mice" on the map are NPC (Elpidia (down left corner), Lilly (next to tree) and Granny (in the mushroom house)). All the other elements are "decorations". Please ask if something's not clear!
Healing tree stages
We gather water at the beginning (2 first bars). Last stage is to bring crystals.
Last edit on 1547896920000
Maybe a leaderboard and a trading post? To trade with people globally. Ooh, and maybe shops along the way for weapons and a grinding system and some rare pets,,
sorry i'm kinda getting ahead of myself, some of this stuff will probably be added anyways.
That's a good idea!
Valuable consumables marketable with the other players (like the event's relics of Transformice) for every type of consumable, introducing a TRADING SYSTEM.
MouseA can open a little market, where he can sell what he wants: potions, funny objects (like consumables in Tfm), dropped things (in PvE mode?), accessories, temporary furs, pets, bonusses.
A BONUS SYSTEM, that we can upgrade with cheeses / coins.
+2% permanent speed fo 40cheeses/coins
+5% permanent speed for 100cheeses/coins
+10% permanent speed for 200cheeses/coins
up to +50% for 1.000cc
Same system for every type of stat.
Important updates every X months, implementing new systems (like MMO), new skills, new game's modes, new characters/pets/classes/missions/mobs/bosses.
Listen players and every X months/ every year, update the game with the best ideas of the players.
Last edit on 1553359860000