1. I'm not a she.
2. It's not only mine.
If any player actually has a mind when playing this, they clearly don't want anyone to be able to see their hp, since it kills bluffs and makes the game more suited for mindless players.
clip size: 1.
reload time: 7.
explosion radius: 12.
another good idea would be to make skins give some sort of special effect.
for example, medic could make your medkits heal double HP.
or maybe commander could increase your damage by 10%.
you could buy knifes and stuff and you could make it sharper but it costs 10 potatoes to get it sharper. you can only get it sharper four times. if you do it with it on 1 it takes 5 health. doing with 2 takes 10 health. 3 is 15. 4 is 20.
A couple of years of thinking and these are what I've decided would benefit the game the most:
General gameplay suggestions
- Reduce player max HP to 25 or 20. Game is too slow right now, people are just able to charge in for free kills with no penalty because gunfire is too weak.
- Make conj disappear from dead players, else make it disappear after some time e.g. 30s. Maps are too clogged up too quickly, and tunnels clogged up with conj in domination slow the gameplay badly.
- Add customizable conj colors, the jungle is a horrible map to see enemy conj in, black on black is not a good idea.
- Add spawn time on joining game. This way players aren't immediately thrown into dense gunfire, and players cannot spawn when the round has ended, nor can they circumvent the existing spawn time
- Nerf the spas, magnum and m40 to scale with the new HP count. Make all guns more skill based (introduce head hitbox)
- Buff the an 94 and ak 47 slightly. Weakest guns in the game
- Add more unique weapons like the spas 12
- Nerf the bombs to scale with the new HP count
- Make bombs vanish on death, too many people just charge in with the bombs with no penalty, lay them in objectives or the spawn and get free kills
- Buff the rage and defense perks. The benefit of using them is too low
- Disable and remove perks from map on round end
- Fix the bug with the hitboxes of the ground so bullets can't go through them
- Find a workaround for the server hit detection. People with high ping get bad hit detection and can't use rapid fire weapons.
- Compare the stats of the weapon periodically to an internal database that can't be accessed from the game, to check for cheats.
Last edit on 1513550040000
Best way to nerf C4 (and mine) is to make sure you don't take full damage when standing at the edge of the blast.
I wouldn't introduce an headshot bonus, 343 tried for Halo 5 (automatics) , that was bad the assault rifle could land lucky headshots.
Now one can randomly shoot at the battlefield and get those lucky shots and I hear those one-hit kill snipers with a simple headshot, when I know there is a sniper nearby that's straight access denied to many areas in the game, I swear I would turtle and camp even more in domination. At the same time remove the thing with the precision radius, it's not too hard to have bullets going up or left/right in a straight line.
In the end, just nerf the SPAS 12 back to his former self (no terraforming please) , the AK 47 back to 4 with a faster rate of fire.
The SPAS 12 can run and kill but the target can also run away, with 4 shots I think you can get away or initiate a short counterattack.
And add team deathmatch, that was damn cool on the Forteresse module.
EDIT : now I'm thinking... removing conj over time would just help the SPAS 12 and M40.
Last edit on 1513637520000
With the headshots, I'm completely against instant kills. I would hope that the weapons would have damage falloff scaled based on the weapon's accuracy (i.e. the most harsh falloff on inaccurate weapons) so people can't spam them at max range and still get superior damage to other weapons. The m40 should be an exception to this (give it falloff despite being an accurate weapon) to benefit people who take their time to aim. Also patch it back to perfect accuracy once the block hitbox oversight is properly fixed.
The idea is that the weapons would do full damage (no falloff penalty) on headshot no matter what, thus introducing some additional skill. This way the accurate weapons having the least damage would make more sense, since they would be better for head shotting. Also this would make movement tech much more important (jumping in place isn't really effective to dodge gunfire but it would make dodging headshots easier)
Also, fort is basically a spamfest anyway, so the arguments about promoting spam are invalid, and good players can safely get around without taking too much damage even in the presence of spam. With the penalty not mattering too much on accurate weapons, distant fights won't be much different from close-up fights. And so what if some inaccurate weapon in the distance gets a lucky headshot anyway, it won't be several of them in a row so it won't cause lots of damage.
No, removing the conj helps everyone. Having areas clogged up with conj helps and encourages the people who are glitching everywhere waiting for lucky shots, and usually when this happens with the spas it's too late to run away due to the ping (and sometimes they are completely invisible for one second). If areas were cleared up it would be easier to see where players are supposed to be so we would get less players relying on glitches to win. It would help the m40 and spas a bit, but they would be more skill based rather than people trying to line up glitched shots or glitching everywhere to get in a good position. Also as I mentioned you have those tunnels in domination clogged up with conj that makes winning impossible, so it needs to be periodically removed. Also, the people stuck in the void can get out more easily instead of having to glitch or blow themselves up.
As we all been through the tough times of fort and mishaps, I remember that time of that update of all the guns in 2014 but now days there has been no updates for maps or any sort of 'perks' to the game. It is quite sad to see. All there is now all the people tribes that once used to be active. Hope you find a way to fix this Fortoresse..